By S-Dot for The S-Dot Files
This message was inspired by the movie OBSESSED which totally freaked me out because of its familiarity. It is not my intention to offend any person or persons actually struggling with being OBSESSED. The S-Dot Files believes in engaging in real talk, with real people about real things, so we encourage you, the much-appreciated reader to share your thoughts and comments.
( ( ( sDOTtv ) ) ) now playing OBSESSED movie trailer
In college, I too was OBSESSED with one of my professors. She was so intelligent, cultured and F-I-N-E. During her lectures, I swore she was looking directly at me through those cute, nerdy librarian-like glasses. We often made eye contact, and I would imagine that wedding ring disappearing off her finger.
I dreamt about her. Yes, those kinds of dreams that led to me imagining... So, I scheduled bogus appointments just to be in her presence. I did all those strange things that usually lead people to file restraining orders.
I even failed her class 3 times on purpose! Yep, I was OBSESSED with her. It’s funny now, but at the time it was really weird.
Are you OBSESSED with me?
I’ve experienced a number of OBSESSED people (yep, a few dudes too) that thought they “loved” me, but were merely seeing the image of me that they created in their own minds. Having been stalked by a few OBSESSED women in my lifetime, these days I’m very guarded when it comes to dating. There are some truly disturbed individuals out there that are suffering from all sorts of physical, mental and spiritual afflictions that impair their ability to develop healthy relationships.
One OBSESSED person began virtually stalking my online friends from myspace and imeem to facebook and youtube trying to infiltrate closeness and intrude in conversations that they had nothing to do with. I often noticed them making comments or e-mailing, texting me about who left me a comment on my social network pages. And then, they’d pretend they were “just playing” when I pointed out how OBSESSED they appeared.
Are you OBSESSED with me?
Perhaps you’re so OBSESSED that you’ve right-clicked (copied) my photo to your desktop and use it as a screensaver. Maybe you even tell yourself, and others, that we’re having a “relationship” even though I’m totally clueless about it. That’s so weird and creepy. And now being OBSESSED has led you to behave in a clandestine way to glean any useable information to advance your fantasy of us being together.
NEWS FLASH: It’s not going to happen.
I don’t care how crazysexy you are, being OBSESSED with me is not cool.
10 SIGNS THAT YOU’RE OBSESSED WITH ME
1. You visit my page to read other people’s comments (also means your nosey).
2. You then visit their pages to read my comments to them (you’re really nosey).
3. You use my photo as your screensaver (that’s really creepy).
4. You have printed out photos of me near you in your office or at home (whoa!).
5. You believe that “God told you” you’re my wife (but He doesn’t mention you).
6. You masturbate to images and thoughts of us together intimately (ewww…).
7. You think everyone of my blogs is written about you (that’s egotistical).
8. You get upset when you see photos of me with other people (I do have a life).
9. You have photos of my face glued onto photos with you beside me (wtf!).
10. You think my purpose online is to communicate with you (that’s so Kanye).
TAKE IT EASY Whitley Gilbert. Relax. Relate. R-e-l-e-a-s-e.
I’m not mad at you. God has made me GodSexy. It’s His favor that you’re actually drawn to. He’s such an awesome B.I.G. Poppa, and really knows how to remix a man. You should holla at Him too.
Now, sis you just need to re-channel that energy, productively and constructively.
GETTING OVER S-DOT…
If my virtual presence is dominating your everyday real life, you need to begin abstaining from looking at images of me; and start looking at men around you that exhibit the qualities you find desirable about me. It’s an ‘I want one’ crush. I get them all the time. Trust me, you’re really not that into me – it’s the concept of me that you’re into. I’m a handful. I love me and even I can’t stand myself at times (lol).
Reality check: I live in NYC. I’m not likely going to be moving to your state, and it’s probably not a good idea for you to move to mines. If that is meant to happen a great deal of real talk will have to happen before that takes place. Simply leaving a few comments, texts and e-mails won’t cut it (at least for me).
10 THINGS ABOUT ME THAT WILL ANNOY YOU
1. I talk a lot. No, seriously – you have no idea.
2. I have the attention span of a three-year old most of the time.
3. I am really moody and sometime-ish.
4. I read and write all the time. It’s cute at first, but then…
5. I require continued reminders about my tardiness and grumbling.
6. I am obsessive compulsive about hygiene.
7. I lack discipline in stores that sell things that I don’t need (gadgets, etc.).
8. I will refold all the laundry and straighten the cans. Yep, I’m that guy.
9. I am overly protective. Again, it’s cute at first, but then…
10. I am pursued by a lot of women OBSESSED with me.
HERE’S SOME BROTHERLY ADVICE + COUNSEL
Delete my photos from your hard drive.
Stop pleasuring yourself to thoughts of me.
Thanks for clicking by F-R-I-E-N-D.
S-Dot aka William
WIFE-PIECE ADVISORY - Hey future wife-piece, I’m not OBSESSED with you, I’m just so looking forward to when I’m BLESSED with you. I’m focused ma. When I finally meet you, I’ll already be in love with you, because I just know you’re the bomb! I hope you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing, and ready, willing and able to be in love with me too. We are going to be so GodSexy together! In the meantime, and in between time, I’m working on my William swag, learning how-to be a real friend, to real women, that are GodSexy, intelligent, beautiful and deserving of all that God has for them. God bless you Joans.
( ( ( sDOTtv ) ) ) now playing Musiq Soulchild “LOVE”
I L-O-V-E You woman!!!
S-Dot publicly shares his private struggles with relational intimacy to equip, encourage and empower everyday people, just like you, to get up and get over the strongholds to finding real love. Yes, his blogs are very transparent, but that’s because he’s focused on helping others heal, not inviting people that are OBSESSED to fixate on him. That’s so not cool.