Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reclaiming Your Personal Power

It's time to reclaim your personal power today!




By S-Dot for The S-Dot Files

Recently, I began challenging the life-limiting double standards that are in man-to-woman relationships leading to many men surrendering their personal power to women by being manipulated into having sexual relationships. I’ve been a guest and sharer on a number of shows on waiting, dating and mating issues. Here’s an exchange from one this week where the topic was “Is it Difficult to Be Celibate & Should Black Women Date Outside of Their Race?”


S-Dot on Talk About It Today! With Mo Stegall on BlogTalkRadio 10/5/09 show

S-Dot: When I made that decision (to get my mind right), that decision, although I was attending church and so forth, that wasn’t about church. That was about me deciding that I wasn’t going to allow some woman to kill me with a disease. And when I got to that point in my growth, I recognized that a lot of the sex that I was having, I wasn’t having actual intimacy. It was just a lot of sex. And I won’t stand here and act like it was terrible because while I was doing it, it was a good time.

Mo Stegall: You enjoyed every bit of it!

S-Dot: Absolutely! But one of the best things that I know and I recognize where I am right now, is that, when I removed having all the sexual activity with women, I began to gain a lot of clarity in terms of my relationships. So, you know…BBD has the song, “You can’t trust a big butt and a smile that girl is poison”

Mo Stegall: You got that right.

S-Dot: Well, now I’m better able to see those who are poisonous. You know it’s interesting because…you know, I’m far from an unattractive man, and I meet a lot of women, and the women that I meet they immediately want to try to have sex. And when I tell them you know, “I’m not interested in that,” the first thing out of their mouth is, “are you gay?”

Mo Stegall: Right.

S-Dot: And it’s a question of my manhood. However, when a woman makes a decision about going through a period of celibacy, whether it’s until she’s married, or it’s because she’s at a point where she wants to get her mind right – that question isn’t there. But when a man does that, it’s all of a sudden a matter of challenging his manhood. So, why do you think that is?



Check out the rest of the show...( ( ( Hear it Yourself ) ) )

Stay tuned for Episode #10 of The BOOTY Call Show on Blog Talk Radio
On this empowering show inspiring author, motivational speaker and empowerment coach S-Dot will share his intuitive insights and lived-and-learned wisdom from "Exposing the Game" on love + life with singles and couples that are ready to get to the next-level in their relationships by reclaiming their personal power. Grab a pen and pad to take notes it's going to be an informative show of transformational conversation with some surprise guests. Friday, October 9th at 10 p.m. Call-in to share your thoughts from your mobile, home or office phone 347.308.8527

( ( ( Listen Live ) ) )
www.blogtalkradio.com/thesdotfiles




Funeral Arrangements for John "Mr. Magic" Rivas (R.I.P.) will be this Thursday, October 8th at 10 a.m.

Where: St. Barbara’s Roman Catholic Church, 138 Bleeker St (Bet Central & Wilson Ave) - Bushwick, Bklyn

No comments: