Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hear it for yourself

It's often be said,"You can't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes (sandals, or whatever folks are wearing at the time)." I agree.

Oftentimes people ask me, "What do you think of..." and I am simply struck by this as being a divisive tactic to get me to undermine what God is doing in and through the lives of others. There are many people of God that I disagree with, but I will not air out "family" business to feed the appetite of those outside of God's will.

( ( ( sDOTtv ) ) ) now playing PASTOR MASON BETHA (S.A.N.E. Ministries)


Can’t see this video? Here’s the link: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ydxn_mase-aka-pastor-mason-betha_music


REAL TALK: One of the most instructive tools of ministry is self-reflection not projection. The impact of this message in my opinion is greatly minimized because he fails to connect with hearers by drawing on his wellspring of personal testimony to get listeners to relate to his point-of-view. To me, it sounds like someone that was once a ‘man of sin’ (just like me) who has forgotten that he too was in the muck and mire. I pray that’s not the case and it’s merely the context in which these remarks are framed in absence of a full hearing of the message in its entirety.

Which is why we should refrain from making judgments based on soundbites.

I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION: Was he witnessing in Sodom (hip-hop) to G-Unit? One of the reasons people peg his and others that preach about "prosperity" (God does not want us to be 'failures' but we're not all called to be RICH either, so some folks are reaching for a mantle that isn't there's to grab) as name-it and claim-it’ rhetoric is in part because disciples are hindered from wholly fulfilling the Great Commission, because they are trying to minister to ill-equipped believers that have been hoodwinked into thinking that it’s ‘All About The Benjamins’ baby!

I pray that brother Mason Betha's ear are attunded to Father's voice. I can only begin to imagine the level of adversity he must have to deal with coming out of the entertainment industry, just as I did (although I was privileged to be behind-the-scenes). It's not easy with everyone always presupposing God's will and plan for your life, without them actually having the personal relationship that you have with God.

Let us pray: Jehovah Rapha, El-Shaddai, Yahweh, El-Loheim, Lord God Almighty, Father God they call You many names, but I call You my Friend, my Redeemer and Deliverer. Quiet my anxieties, silence the destructive voices leading me to make productive, godly choices and live an instructive life submitted to Christ. Make me a living, fruitful witness that speaks what You impart into my spirit with consistency fervently. I pray that any utterance that does not come from You perishes or falls upon deaf ears. This is my prayer in the Name that is above all names Yahushua (Jesus) Christ, amen, amen, amen.


ARMOR UP PEOPLE!!!

No comments: